Thursday, November 6, 2008

"these wings are useless"

is it impossible? is it held away or have you lost the lock for it? this isn't the way my careful thoughtout plans were set.
i guess i'm running out of charm.
and are you sure that nothing in your head is craving something more for us?
have you somewhere close my foolish head can rest?
i think i'll sleep to pass the time.

but if i could get in your head
maybe you could understand that "better off alone" is just a phrase.
i'll write down my reasoning if you would believe in it.


silly me. but something in your smile held so patiently.
i was sure it wasn't like the ones before. i guess i saw this from the start.
now it's endless. i'm heavy on pretending it's ok that you don't want to take a chance and fly away from it,
so i'll tape my wings back to myside.



but if i could get in your head
maybe you could understand that "better off alone" is just a phrase.
i'll write down my reasoning if you would believe in it.
i've grown so tired waiting on this shade to take me home.


what is it that's pulling me?
i know it's not your hands or arms, you see, they're wrapped around your mouth holding your tongue.
love works in a silly way. you know you've done enough of chasing it away,
it's no wonder that quiet is your favorite sound.

No comments: