Friday, February 27, 2009

"ice bitch"

i'm still baffled
when people who do not know me
have barely,
if ever,
talked to me
and have only viewed me in passing...
come to the assumption
that i am
cold.

it baffles me even more
when they make these presumptions
and automatically decide
that is how i am
without even bothering to find out.


as much as i want to pretend
it doesn't hurt my feelings
it does.


and i'd love to defend myself right now
with examples
and stories
and all the proof in the world...
but
i won't.
because i know i don't have to.


i know i'm not cold or frigid or even lukewarm for that matter...
and the people who love me
really love me
all of me
just the way i am and nothing more
know it as well.


so
think what you want.
learn what you want.
discover what you want.
but know that if you're willing...
i can definitely shine some light onto the situation.

No comments: