Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tap dancing to keep a beat...

"this boy i know lives in a bell jar
it is balancing up on it's pedestal
he tries not to upset the weight of conscience
afraid it's so far to fall 
if no one catches him
but I've been there too, and I swear to god
if I can help you, please, you've got to tell me how
I know you've been away,
 and it can break you down
and I don't want you gone.

all the cracks you see can be repaired
and if you start to fall, we will be there
don't drown yourself in all your old regrets
because that heavyness will steal away your breath
step out of that life
it's nowhere near your time
and don't forget that you called it all bullshit
well it still is and if you stop giving into it
you will walk away the freest man
shake your head
loosen that grip
raise up your fist
you are the freest man
open your mouth
scream it out loud
forget all your doubts
you are the freest man"

No comments: