Saturday, October 18, 2008

once in a lullaby.

He had this funny way of never touching me directly, but always pushing the boundaries so close that his very presence made me drunk. The first time he kissed me, I practically had a full-on conniption. He'd come dangerously close to face, my heart pumping overtime [thank God for sturdy ribs] and right when I was about to fully release into him, into his perfect lips, into my own personal indulgence, he'd stop and slowly back away.

It was torture.


I felt my face flush right down to the bones. And then, lost in my own embarrassment, he suddenly swooped down and took my face in his hands. We lingered in each other for what seemed like forever... i could feel his warm breath on my face, the intensity of his hands on my burning cheeks, my heart trying to break free from my own skin, and finally... finally...we met. Slowly, like puzzle pieces our lips eased together. I stopped breathing. All my thoughts melted and the only thing that existed, the only reason the entire universe existed, was for that one moment.

When it was over, i reluctantly opened my eyes and the first thing I blurted out was, “What took you so long?”
I didn’t mean for it to sound rude, even though it came off like I’d been waiting for years instead of a just few weeks… he smiled and admitted with all the confidence in the world...


“Because with you, I wanted it to be perfect.”

No comments: