Friday, September 18, 2009

Perpetually confused.


I've been feeling really out of the loop lately.
Everything is confusing
and i'm trying so incredibly hard not to weave an intricate web.
This morning when i woke up, i immediately felt this huge pressure on my chest.
maybe from bad dreams
maybe from stressing over small things like i always do
but
despite it all...
all my worries, the big and the small,
I can't help but feel a strange kind of peace and acceptance
and most importantly
natural beauty
happening all around me.
Autumn is such a magical time of year.
my favorite by far,
and even though i have no idea what the hell i'm doing with my life
or with the people coming into it
i can't help but feel entirely happy.
It is so beautiful outside.
The colors and the smell and the cool air.
It just makes me feel like everything i'm stressing about
doesn't really matter as much as i think it does.

I always, always, always
have said the way to my heart is through the small, subtle things.
and lately, i feel like that couldn't be more true.
I feel it everywhere right now.
It's in the way the leaves dance around in the wind when i'm driving
and how i have to stop myself from admiring them because i might wreck the car.
or the way my dad and i playfully compete at the gym to see who can go faster on the machine.
or the togetherness of my family when we're sitting at the dinner table.
or the warm feeling of linking hands and having a sense of complete safety.
or the way he looks at me like i'm absolutely beautiful when i'm doing nothing but looking out the window of his vehicle while we sing along to whatever song is playing on the stereo.
i remember those things...
all of them
and they're exactly why i cannot allow myself to feel even the least bit sad
or stressed
or worried
or perpetually confused
like i always seem to be when life throws me a curve ball.

my life is running at full speed in every single direction possible
but i'm stopping to notice the small things that i sometimes miss
because in all honesty
they are the biggest and most important moments to me.



and i need to remember that.
i have to remember that to survive.
Autumn helps me remember all of those remarkable yet tiny instances about my life
and i am so fucking thankful for it all.


No comments: