Friday, July 24, 2009

Discoveries.

 
+ I've been thinking a lot about words i find beautiful recently. I've compiled a small list:

1. Verisimilitude. 
2. Serendipity. 
3. Demure.
4. Nemesis. 
5. Onomatopoeia. 
6. Precipice. 
7. Soothing. 


++ And this is the even smaller list of words i find utterly repulsive:

1. Moist.
2. No.


+++ I came to the ideal conclusion that if i were to compare myself to one character in any movie, it would be Wednesday Addams from The Addams Family. She has had a huge impact on my life... not just as a kid but as an adult. I was Wednesday for Halloween 3 or 4 years in a row growing up and i maintain that she remains the reason why 90% of my wardrobe is black, my sarcastic nature is overwhelming at times and i'm a huge horror movie fanatic today.  This is what i've found as proof of this... lines from the actual movie:


Amanda: Is that your bathing suit? 
Wednesday: Is that your overbite? 
Gary: Now, one of you will be the drowning victim and the other one gets to be our lifesaver. 
Amanda: I'll be the victim! 
Wednesday: All your life...





++++ I watched The Sword in the Stone today. I haven't watched it in maybe 10 years. But even though it is a Disney movie, it still teaches valuable lessons that even as an adult we can be blind to:

Merlin: You know, lad, that love business is a powerful thing. 
[the girl squirrel, sobbing, watches Arthur slowly walk away
Arthur: Greater than gravity? 
Merlin: Well yes, boy, in its way... yes, I'd say it's the greatest force on earth. 



+++++ I laid out in the sun...on my hammock...with my guitar today. I ended up closing  my eyes and putting head back to take in as much light as possible... and surprisingly, i found i play better when i'm not even looking at all. It was so relaxing. Singing quietly to myself with my eyes closed in the bright sunlight while being accompanied by a guitar. I love when i discover i can still surprise myself. It's a good feeling to have. 


No comments: