Saturday, June 27, 2009

retrospect in a yellow haze.

i've been looking through a lot of old photo albums lately. For some reason i've had this strong inclination to find something i forgot.  I don't know what it is or where to find it but i thought maybe looking through old memories would help trigger something. That might sound silly but i'm definitely not going to ignore it. Anyway, i came across some old photos of my parents from the late 70's/early 80's that I thought were worth sharing. I love the yellowish orange tint and rough texture they all share... it's something that i've recently become quite responsive to. 





This is my father and my oldest sister, Kira, on a camping trip. I asked him about the photo and his first response was " Oh man, that was my favorite shirt back then..."




My mother getting dressed in a hotel room.




Dad working in the lab. It's always funny to me when i tell people my dad is " a biochemist". It seems wayyy too serious a job for someone as goofy as he is.




Mom at the Sears Tower in Chicago. I never realized how much they really did travel.



I looked through nearly 50 photo albums and found only 4 or so pictures of my parents standing together while someone else took the picture. I don't really know what to think about that. Also, there were so many wedding pictures in the albums from my aunts and cousins and uncles... but absolutely none of their own ceremony. In fact, i've only seem one picture from it in my entire life. I don't know what all of this means right now or if it even means anything. I am, however, going to continue to search until i find what it is i'm looking for. Although, i have a feeling it's probably going to find me....

No comments: