Saturday, October 4, 2008

touch.



For as long as i can remember, 
I've always, always had a fascination with hands. 
They're so profoundly beautiful.
Touch is such an intense sensation. 
I've recently noticed how much i'm constantly touching things i see.
I was looking through some photo books in Peter's room last weekend
and every single picture
gave me this desperate urge to feel it
like i could actually feel someone's face in a picture
or the texture of a road or building.
I've been doing it with real objects as well.
I'll pick up a leaf on the ground
and just study it
the roughness of it's dry structure...
sometimes i crumple it up in my palm and then leave it to the wind.
I love it.
I get the desire to touch people's faces way more than often too
which i'm sure would be completely weird
but i can't help it.
I literally have to restrain myself.
I always just want to put my hand on their cheek
it seems so soothing
so very comforting.
Oh well...
I'm already pretty strange as it is.
I'll have to imagine it for now i suppose...


until i actually get the courage to just do it.

No comments: